Recipe of the Week
Udon Noodles with Cury Sauce
INGREDIENTS (4 servings)
|udon noodles||4 portions|
|thinly sliced beef offcuts||12 oz|
|thinly sliced scallion|
|dashi||6½ U.S. cups|
|soy sauce||4 Tbsp|
|curry roux||2⅓ oz|
- Cut beef into bite-sized pieces. Cut carrot in half lengthwise, then slice cross wise into half-moons of ¼ thickness. Slice onion thinly.
- Heat oil in a skillet, and saute beef, carrot and onion until tender. Add dashi, sugar, pepper, and soy sauce, and simmer, skimming sometimes.
- Add curry roux, stir to dissolve the curry roux. When it dissolves, add starch-water mixture to thicken.
- Cook udon noodles in boiled water following package directions.
- Transfer udon to bowls, top with generous amount of hot curry sauce, and garnish with scallion to taste.